Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Friday, August 14, 2026

Book Review: The Very Best Baseball Game

 The Very Best Baseball Game by Katie M. Blackburn, illustrated by Anastasiya Kanavaliuk, BH Kids, Brentwood, Tennessee, 2025.

This is a good story about being comfortable with people with disabilities.  It is Carson 's day to volunteer at the baseball game.  This is a special game.  Carson was assigned to a boy named Bryce who was very good at hitting, but needed help with running the bases.  Each of the players had someone assigned.  The volunteers were called buddies.  The kids all had their challenges.  Some were in wheel chairs or had a walker.  Some played in the dirt, or talked too much.  Others had issues with concentration.  As the game began Carson was hesitant, but when Bryce hit the ball he became so excited he didn't run, so Carson helped by leading the way.  The kids all had fun with their buddies.  When Carson's mother picked him up Carson shared that he realized he had a lot in common with the other kids.  They both like baseball.  They like to high five and have fun.  He said, "It's the very best game I ever played."



No comments:

Post a Comment