Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

**Pamphlet Review: Can E-cigarettes Help You Quit Smoking?

The jury is still out on this question, as we don't have the total picture.  I wasn't even sure what an E-cigarette was or how it worked.  Now I know that a vapor is heated and converted to steam which you then inhale like cigarette smoke.  It does not have as many side chemicals as a cigarette.  However it generally does contain nicotine which is still addictive.  Other drugs can be included in the mix if desired.  It is possible to vary the dose of nicotine based on the dosage in the liquid.  However it is important to be safe around children, who could accidentally consume a vial of nicotine which is a very toxic poison.
At a recent training I was at, one woman swore that E cigarettes helped her kick the smoking habit after many years.  She was able to also quit the E cigarettes.  Some people just change their nicotine source.
The pamphlet concludes the best ways to kick smoking is with some type of support, and perhaps with other nicotine replacements such as gum or lozenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment