Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Breathing to Relax

Some one passed out a card at work, and this information is important enough to pass along.
Ask Yourself, How am I breathing right now.
Take a moment to observe your  breathing
Don't change or control it.  Just pay attention to the movement of the air in and out of your lungs.
STEP 1
When you're ready...breathe out completely emptying all the air from you lungs.
Next, allow you body to take in all the air it wants (through your nose).
Feel you abdomen expand enabling you to draw the air deep into your lower lungs.
Step 2
Exhale quietly and completely through your nose.
Continue abdominal breathing for as much time as you have.
Allow relaxation to occur at its own pace.

How long is best?
A minute or two cam be helpful, ten minutes or more offers deeper relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment