Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

**Urine Color and Health

I always thought the lighter your urine the better.  That is mostly true, but this article from Everyday Health points out urine can be too light if you are drinking too much.  It also highlights other colors which can point to a problem.  Such as a syrupy brown color could point to liver disease.  Red color could be something major, or could just reflect what you have been eating like beats.  Very good article so check it out.
Update Jan 2017: Grandpa has been having kidney problems.  He has been told to drink until his urine is clear. It doesn't matter what he drinks so much.  He drinks lots of juice.  But water is also good.
I hers the same from Stan Dye as he prepared the Scouts for a winter camp.  He said you should drink water with the same result, clear pea.  That has become my goal as well, although I do not always accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment