Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Reflective Leadership: Reflective Supervision

Attended this training while I was doing the supervision curriculum.  It was presented by Maretta Juarez.  Just a few ideas I gleaned from the training.  "We do not learn from experience...we learn from reflecting on experiences" John Dewey.
Reflection is:
Stepping back from the immediate, intense experience to think about what it really means.
Examining our thoughts and feelings about experiences. 
Important skills include self awareness, careful observation and flexible responses.  Elements of reflective practice are relationships and development, parallel thinking, awareness, perspective taking, not knowing and collaborative stance.
Intended impact of reflective practice are: improved outcomes, improved program quality, improved clinical practice, and reflective practice and activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment