Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

**Smoking and Children; Third-hand Smoke

I attended a training on Wellness and tobacco usage this last week.  I have lots of pamphlets to share, all with a similar theme, smoking is not good.  Smoking accounts for more preventable deaths than all other preventable deaths combined.
I learned a new concept, third hand smoke.  We all know of first-hand smoke, the smoke you blow into your own lungs, or second hand, the smoke you blow into someone else's lungs.  Third-hand smoke has to do with the second-hand landing on things, furniture, carpets and curtains, and then when those things are jostled or bumped it brushes into the ear, and can be another source of chemicals and particles getting into the lungs.  Children and pets are especially vulnerable to third-hand smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment