Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pamphlet: How to Eat Healthy


This pamphlet from Krames Fast Guides promotes the My Plate method of eating.  This is the current dietary standard promoted by the government.

Other ideas I gleaned for healthy eating, Drink water throughout the day, don't skip breakfast, wait 10 to 15 minutes before reaching for seconds, you don't have to clean your plate, reduce salt, lower your sugars, decrease calorie intake while increasing exercise for weight loss.  store food properly and check the labels.  Leftovers should be in the fridge within two hours after the meal.  Check expiration dates.  Avoid dented or rusted jars and cans.  Wash lots while cooking to avoid cross contamination.

No comments:

Post a Comment