Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Breast Cancer Prevention: Know Your Lemons

Knowyourlemons is a website devoted to breast cancer prevention.  Using lemons it includes descriptions of 12 different signs of breast cancer.  It also promotes regular medical exams and mammography to prevent or detect breast cancer.  It also provides information on self-exam.
I was informed of this website from the Utah State Magazine in an article about Corrine Ellsworth Beaumont, USU alumnus.  Her own grandmothers had succumbed to the disease which motivated her to look for information on breast cancer.  This website is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment