Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Michael Ballam: The Healing Power of Music

Today in Sunday School we talked about Emma Smith and section 25 which was a revelation for her.  We talked about marital relationship, being aware of pride and finding joy.  We did not talk about her assignments to gather hymns, and what the Lord said about music.

 11 And it shall be given thee, also, to make a selection of sacred hymns, as it shall be given thee, which is pleasing unto me, to be had in my church.
 12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

I came across this movie on BYUTV of Michael Ballam.  This is one in which he talks about the power of music--the healing power of music for the most part.  I pray that I will be singing until the day I die and beyond. Music brings light to my life.
The link and presentation are available from BYUTV on You Tube  It is well worth listening to.  Michael Ballam went to high school with my sister.  He is an opera singer.  He now teaches at Utah tState University.

No comments:

Post a Comment