Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Safety Notes

This list is taken from the book Halloween: A True Book by Dana Meachen Rau
1. Take an adult with you and only visit houses of people you know.
2. Wearing makeup is safer than wearing a mask because it is easier for you to see.
3. If you do wear a mask, be sure the eye holes are large.  Please take it off when you have to cross the road.
4. Be sure your costume in nonflammable.  Also be sure it is bright enough to be seen in the dark.  If it isn't, wear reflective tape.
5. Be sure your costume isn't too long.  You don't want to trip on it.
6. Don't eat any candy until and adult checks through it [and takes the best pieces.]  [] is my addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment