Health Is Vital
Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
**10 Aqua Smart: Water Safety
1. Learn to swim.
2. Wear a life jacket.
3. Learn to float. This is referring to safety measures for if you fall in a river or body of water. Float towards the shore.
4. Reach, throw, row. This rule deals with how to help someone needing assistance. Always reach first, then throw a flotation device to them, and finally row to them.
5. Look before you jump. Always be sure you swim in an safe area.
6. Don't overfill your boat. This also deals with balancing your boat.
7. Stay with you boat. If your boat should tip over, the safest place to be is with your boat until someone comes to rescue you.
8. Learn the rules for boat safety.
9. Alcohol, drugs and driving a boat don't mix.
10. Be careful to not litter.