Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Documentary Review: Feeding Frenzy

This is a very interesting documentary, and on a topic I would rather not think about.  The premise is that the food industry has as their major goal to sell product, even if this could be harmful to people in general.  Is the food industry manipulating us into buying more?  I think the answer is a resounded less; however where does person responsibility come into play.  If the food industry can present things in such a way that we buy more, especially processed food, which is not always the most healthy, then what chance do we have.  Supermarkets put stuff up in such a way as to get people to spend more.  There are schools which study people, and their finding make a difference in how stores are set up, how advertisements are presented etc.
People do eat to relieve stress.  What if the food industry was creating some of the stress which leads to this need.  Feeding Frenzy is very good, but I couldn't find a link to a version on YouTube, but the link provided leads to the website of the makes of the film.
Not only are we manipulated, but at times we are lied to.  What is organic?  What does low-fat mean, glutten free, etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment