Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

**Magazine Article: The Fight to Take Back Beauty

I came across an article in the Utah State University magazine (my alma mater) about twin sisters, who have taken on a big fight.  They discovered that the majority of women are self obsessed with their body image.  50 percent of women are severely dissatisfied with their appearance and another 34 percent generally dissatisfied.  That means 84 percent of women are dissatisfied with their appearance.
The fight they have taken on, is to redefine beauty.  Dissatisfaction comes from the way our society looks at beauty, and defines beauty.  We can do more.  I want to share the link to their website in case anyone wants to join them in this fight.
http://www.beautyredefined.net/
There goal is to help women get past body image and "Develop body image resilience and to move beyond body shame and fixation on appearance to much more important concerns."

No comments:

Post a Comment