Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Reflection Begins with Observation, Listening and Curioisity

Reflection in the process of stepping back and thinking about what you are doing.  It is useful in Behavioral Health Services, as we can all do better and be more effective.  Questions or statements that help open up a self reflection, or a supervisory reflection include:
I'm wondering...
I'm curious...
I'm Interested to know...
I notice...
Let's pause and think-what comes up next?
What does that mean for you?
What has been your experience with...
What are some of the things _____ behavior might mean?
I wonder what your feels are about _____
WHat's it like to...
I notice as you're talking your affect has ______ what does that mean?
What was the experience like during..., after...?
If you were there now what would you want to do different? the same? How would it feel?
What are my feelings?
What are my biases?
What might the silence, the discomfort, the _____ mean?
What is "my stuff" that is interfering?

No comments:

Post a Comment