Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Safety Seminar 2016

I too the opportunity to attend the Safety Seminar presented by Santa Clara County to its employees.  It was at the Santa Clara Convention Center.   I attended break out sessions on surviving an active shooter situation, and on taking care of yourself.  The big theme for me was taking time to breathe.  The keynote speaker talked about breathing, the breakout speaker, and the booth by County Wise included information on breathing.
The other theme was "coming home."  Being aware of your environment, and setting limits as needed, so as to come home in the evening.  This includes trusting your instincts.  Many at active shooter situations do not believe what they are seeing, and so stay around to become a victim.  The point is to get away as quickly as you can; to be aware of alternative exits, to come home at the end of the day.


awards ceremony



No comments:

Post a Comment