Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Friday, December 9, 2016

More Notes on Reflective Practice and Supervision

Just a couple more notes on reflective practice that I am noting as I gleam through my notebooks.  Ideas for supervision: Keep people safe and protected.  Base your reflective work on love.  Provide gentle support to help people reflect.  Reflecting is thinking seriously or deeply; thinking quietly, thinking completely.  Metacognition is to think about how you are thinking about something.  How do you want to thing about something?  Keep brain calm and active.  Personal thoughts: Do I reflect enough?  It seems sometimes I do not do what I want because of brain freeze or trigger and I do other things instead.
Transforming practice is improving outcomes.  reflection involves knowledge, action, wisdom, internal knowledge, experience and external knowledge.  It involves looking at belief system and how it effects what you do.
A way to keep brain active is to try something different everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment