Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

New Apps for Fitness and Walking

I have been stuck on the same weight for at least six years now--of course I go up and then come back down, and pretty much ride a treadmill.  I have added two apps to my phone to help me break through this cycle.  These apps are MyFitnessPal and MapMy Walk.  They can work together so the exercise you do with MapMyWalk will come over to the other program.  This program gives you a calorie count based on you loss goals.  The recommend a rate of one pound loss per week.  It is a place to record what you eat.  It will use barcodes to make it easier.  I have been working on losing about 20 pounds for some time.  Since changing to using these apps, I have been able to get down about five pounds, and it is not coming back.  I just need to continue the downward spiral.  I should be able to accomplish the long term goal I have sometime in January. 

When I met with the butt doctor he said I needed to loss.  He further said you can't loss if you don't track what you eat.  And he also said sometimes you will be hungry.  When I follow these rules, I feel good and I can be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment