Some of this ideas are totally new to me; and some are not. Five nontraditional ways to fight depression which are best used with traditional treatments of medications and counseling.
1. Try Meditation: A good way to do this is focus on breathing, through your nose is preferred.
2. Practice Reiki: Never heard of this before. It is a Japanese method of applying pressure. It would involve going to someone, like going for a massage. "One hour of Reiki is equivalent to hundreds of hours of meditation."
3. Constructive Wallowing. Instead of avoiding negative thoughts and feelings, giving your self a chance to experience the negative in a constructive way, so you can move on.
4. Put Your Emotions on Paper. Journalling can be very constructive and helpful. It gives you a chance at looking at negative self talk which may be sabotaging your improvement.
5. Try Sound Therapy. This is more than listening to ocean or fire tapes at night; although those things can be very soothing. There are certain sounds and tones that can stimulate the vagus nerve which can be very beneficial. (I had never heard of that, but that is what the article says. Also suggests learning from an expert.)
Health Is Vital
Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.