Health Is Vital
Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.
Monday, June 27, 2016
Pamphlet review: 10 Best Reasons Not to Smoke While You're Pregnant
1. You can do it, many women stop smoking before pregnancy or after getting pregnant.
2. If you quit, your baby does too! The chemicals from cigarettes get to the baby. Stopping allows more oxygen and nutrients to get to your baby.
3. You'll have a healthier pregnancy. Women who smoke have higher incidence of miscarriage, bleeding and premature birth.
4. Your pregnancy may be easier. Quitting means you can breathe easier, will have more energy, and better taste.
5. You baby will be a healthier weight. If you quite your baby will more likely be healthy.
6. Risk of SIDS will be lower. Not smoking during pregnancy decreases the risk of SIDS after the baby is born, and of stillborn birth.
7. Your breast milk will be free of chemicals. Chemicals from cigarettes in breast milk can cause restlessness, vomiting, diarrhea. It can also reduce the supply of breast milk.
8. You'll protect your baby from second hand smoke. Quitting means your baby will be less likely to get sick, less likely to have colds, bronchitis, ear infections and asthma.
9. You'll live to see your child grow. Quitting will reduce your own risk of cancer, hear disease and other illnesses.
10. Tips for quitting: throw out cigarettes, pick a day, drink more water, keep your hands busy. If you can't stop, cut back. Think of your baby. Remember 1-800-NOBUTTS.