Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

**Rethink Your Drink Campaign: Choose Health. Drink Water.

I little graphic from the Rethink Your Drink Campaign.  The healthiest drink of course is water.


The graphic shows that water by far has the least amount of sugar.  Some drinks have as much as 17 teaspoons of sugar.  For me with diabetes, who per meal should not have more than 45 grams of carbohydrates, I would have to distribute this much sugar between many meals.  Soda has 14 teaspoons, but juice drinks have 17.  Even energy drinks have lots of sugar.  Sheri has purchased some sugar free additives for water if you must have sugar.  Milk has about one teaspoon of sugar in a cup size serving.  The sugar is all natural lactose.

No comments:

Post a Comment