Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pamphlet: Staying Smoke Free After Your Baby Is Born


Remember reasons for not smoking such as, I want to take care of my baby, I want to save money, I want to protect my baby from smoke.  Avoid temptations.  Triggers can be friends, locations, a cup of coffee or alcohol.  Keep cigarettes out of the house.  Find healthy ways to deal with stress and "baby blues."  Ideas could be to take a walk, calla friend, join a parent support group.  If the "blues" become such that you can't take care of your baby, or the "blues" won't go away, you may want to talk to a doctor.    Other ways to avoid smoking is to ask family and friends for support, or call a smoke free hot-line like 1-800-NOBUTTS, or 1-800 QUIT-NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment