Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

**Type II Diabetes Risk and Complications

http://www.everydayhealth.com/diabetes-photos/type-2-diabetes-risks-and-complications.aspx?pos=1&xid=nl_EverydayHealthHealthyLiving_20131210#/slide-1

This article is from Every Day Health.  It lists some of the complications of type II diabetes, which I am listing to scare myself into losing weight and watching my sugar.
Heart disease.
Foot and leg problems; over 60 percent of non traumatic leg amputations are to those with diabetes.
Vision problems; glaucoma and cataracts are two things to watch out for.
Nerve damage; neuropathy may cause tingling, pain, numbness and sores.
Stroke.
Kidney problems; 44 percent of new kidney failure cases are to diabetics.
Dementia; due to Alzheimer's or vascular dementia.
High Blood Pressure.
Oral health; gum disease is prevalent.
Hearing loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment