Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Documentary Review: Mayo Clinic: Diabetes: What is Integrative Medicine?

These are the notes I took from the first chapter on integrative medicine.  It concludes that many people are frustrated with having diabetes because they fear it may change their quality of life.  The truth is, quality of life could actually improve as you take charge of your health.  It is a daily battle, but one which you can win.  These are the ideas I wrote down from the video

Monitor you blood glucose
Be Active,
Have a healthy diet
Keep your weight under control.
take medication appropriately
Exercise will help you keep your blood sugar under control.  It takes sugar form your blood stream and gets it into your muscles.
annual physical, take care of feet, don't smoke, avoid alcohol, aspirin daily, monitor blood pressure, monitor cholesterol, eye exam yearly,

Integrated view of health, Four parts:
Physical Health: medical issues
Mental Health: 
Emotional Health: stress
Spiritual Health: reason to take care of the other areas
Each part interacts with the other areas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment