Health Is Vital

Health is taken for granted, until you can't any more. In this blog I hope to put down on paper some of the articles I come across and want to remember, about health. I will be personalizing these articles to apply to me. I am diabetic, over weight, have high blood pressure and tinnitus, so these are the things you will find here. I will include nutrition, exercise, and holistic health, and many other ideas. I work in the health profession, particularly mental health, and have an interest in suicide prevention; so these topics will also be covered in this blog. Please, if you are suffering reach out. Our county health and crisis line is 1-855-278-4204.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

**Organization and Health

My wife is big into organizing.  Many times she has attempted to organize me.  However this is about organizing your work space.  The EAP letter talks about better organization in your office, to create a better work environment and promote “Peak Performance.”  It offers ideas for doing this, and this is my take:
Use a calendar or a planner.  I have used them during my life.  At this point in life everything just goes on my Outlook desk, and the family calendar at home, and I am not carrying a personal calendar.  Sometimes I really like using a calendar, and then I tend to burn out on it.  I also like to do lists, and maintain one at work on Outlook.  Sometimes I will make other to do lists, writing them on paper that get lost in my bag. 
Keep you workplace clean.  Yea right.  I haven’t been to the bottom of my pile in many a year.  It just keeps stacking up.  I did get my left side clean, and now I have a place to put the Christmas tree.
File items away.  That would take organizing my file.  I have stuff that has been in there since the dawn of time, and if I look at it, it might be work.
Limit how much you keep.  This goes with the one before.  Maybe much of that stuff could be thrown out and not stored anymore.
Make it a habit.  This is harder to do than it looks.  When too much is coming at you, it is easy to not get stuff put away.  I have a system that is working enough to keep me from being buried, but maybe things could be a little better, at least not a fire hazard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment